‘A just society is a society that if you know everything about it, you’d be willing to enter it in a random place.’ – John Rawls
Olivia (she/her/hers) is an equality and human rights advisor. She develops and designs teaching programmes, workshops and information guides. She also runs a BME/POC LGBTQ+ Network and conducts independent research. She always asks ‘How can we do better?’
She has written widely on equality and human rights and consults on projects. Olivia has worked in the private, public and educational sectors. She brings lived experience, work experience, educational achievements and voluntary experience to discourse and teaching. Her areas of expertise include:
- highlighting voices on the margins;
- mainstreaming issues related to multiple identities and intersections of discrimination;
- assessing organisational practices against equality objectives;
- facilitating interrogation of negative behaviour patterns in the workplace;
- managing and developing research projects on ethnicity/race, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity and much more.
She ensures that all her teaching material, workshops and programmes have been impact assessed against rigorous equality standards.